Personnel deployment planning software for mechanical engineering company
The goal is to implement a software solution that supports an order workflow from offer planning through design and production to the manufacturing in the machine-building sphere.
It should be easy to determine who is working on which projects at the moment and with how many hours the respective employee is loaded. In addition, an evaluation should be carried out on department.
First, create a central resource pool where all the company’s projects can be available and the project-relevant personnel- and, if necessary, machine resources of the company:
- Work hours and holidays
- Basic personal data
- Professional skills
- Team assignment
- Absence such as vacation, illness etc.
Order scheduling and monitoring
- Create orders as separate projects
- Make active use of time scheduling functionality, such as, for example, move flexible, enter new work steps and delays, if necessary
- Save recurring orders as templates
- Create a preplanning taking into account that separate activities can be carried out only by certain employees, i.e. assign professional skills to the tasks.
- Personnel requirements planning – number and qualification of employees needed for an order.
- Check whether the needed employees are able to carry out the required activities in the planned period and recognize possible bottlenecks and free capacities.
Personnel placement planning
The planning is linked to the resource data interactively and offers information in the personnel assignment:
- Employee readiness based on his non-working days
- Employee availability, i.e. whether he is already scheduled in other tasks
The personnel view displays employees used at the relevant time point and their qualification.
Evaluate the following features:
- Usage of individual employees
- Usage of teams
Evaluation of different orders
Create a portfolio with all actual orders for the orders overview.
Cross-project analysis of due dates, capacity- and personnel usage
- Actual need for personnel resources
- Estimated demand for personnel resources in the future
Create so-called “game plan” by different portfolios, if necessary. In addition to actual projects, these may include potential orders.
Orders monitoring and updating
- Maintain an actual status for each order step
- Get an overview of all orders and their actual status
- Carry out variance analysis with one of the baselines