Database-based capacity and production planning for medium-sized companies
The use of the planning tool is intended to help make order processing transparent for all areas of the company. Increases in transparency are intended to optimize throughput times and improve adherence to deadlines.
- A central and professional management of projects based on a database
- Capacity and resource planning is to be cross-project
- Be Internet-capable. Users from different locations can plan and exchange information via the project portfolio management software.
- Project applications should be combined with ongoing projects to form flexible portfolios
- Be multi-user capable and allow simultaneous access to the resource pool and portfolio
- The administrator should be able to define what which employee is allowed to see or edit.
- Offer a link to Outlook, so that each employee can have their appointments entered in Outlook at the same time.
- Vacation planning with approval workflow
- Feedback and time recording
- Management of employees and their saved data. In addition to the basic personal data this includes contact data, skill level and assignment to managers and team
- Access restrictions by editing for your own team, extensive read access
- A few employees should be able to edit, but everyone should have a read access
Flexible project planning
- Gantt chart/network diagram representation, project structuring
- Single steps should be described
- Customizable templates for project size and complexity
- Automatic scheduling (dependencies and interactions between the resources in the multiproject), the software should point out time and resource conflicts in the project plan
- The projects can be assigned to an organizational hierarchy and hierarchy in the project portfolio
- Multi-project management – several projects are created for several departments
- Editing should be recorded by the system
- Common standard export interfaces, data exchange/interfaces MS-Project, Excel, Outlook, CSV, XML
- Capacity planning is generated from the total planning
- Dynamic evaluation based on various criteria, e.g. by period, projects, employees
- Overview of available employees, cross-team as well
Management resource planning
- Cross-team planning
- Filtering by resources and projects
- Which employee is involved in what projects
- Resource overload warning
- Assignment and withdrawal of employees from activities in the on-going project
Time Tracking & employee timesheet
- The working time recording is visible for each employee and affects upcoming tasks
- Employees may affect only tasks where they are scheduled. The project manager should approve the hours counted for a project
- Trends, developments and specific aspects of the project (e.g. actual status) can be evaluated clearly
- The payment plan is saved separately and compared to the resource planning
Export to Outlook
Project tasks of each employee can be transferred as appointments to the Outlook Calendar.
Automatic notification of employees
The e-mail notifications are triggered by different project events, e.g. in case of short-term changes in the project, the notification system creates an e-mail message and sends it to the employees who have been scheduled to take part in the assigned tasks. Or, for example, if the scheduled employee failed to report his progress in time, an e-mail will be sent him as a reminder.
It allows you to check before the vacation approval whether there are overlaps between the vacation days and the scheduled tasks.